Using Movavi Video Editor – A Tutorial
If you’re reading this article, it means you’ve made a very wise decision. You are considering Movavi as your solution of choice for home movie creation.
Now, are there no competing tools in the market? Of course, there are.
But Movavi stands heads and shoulders above packages in its category. We could talk about the reasons. But we prefer to show you the results through a comprehensive 5 step tutorial that will help you use the Movavi movie editor.
Let’s dive straight in.
The 5 Steps to Video Vividness with Movavi
What makes a great video?
- The sequence of events
- The quality of the footage
- The special touches that the video editor introduces in the form of timely transitions and pertinent legends.
With Movavi, you can incorporate all three qualities in your home video projects.
- Earn your editing chops with the Movavi editor 7-day free trial. Download the .exe file from the website and install it according to the guidance of the wizard. The Movavi icon appears on your desktop. Double click it to open the software.
- The pop-up that greets you is this.
Choose “Create a project in FULL-FEATURE MODE” to use all the functionalities that come with the Movavi suite.
Next, click the “YouTube play button” icon to the left of the window. It is stacked above an array of vertically placed tabs which are the heart of Movavi.
Click “My Files” and “Add Media Files”. As you can see from the screenshot below, you can also choose to add music and sound bites from Movavi’s library.
The snippets that you import from the hard disk of your computer show up on the Editing Timeline. The videos are displayed first, followed by the sound files that show up as blue wave forms.
Keep adding snippets till you have positioned your raw footage files in the correct sequence to create a cohesive, meaningful video.
3. Next it is time to fine tune the segments that will create the video.
- Use the “scissor” icon to snip large videos into smaller sections so that you can apply a different filter to each scene.
- Use the tradition “crop” icon to eliminate objects or people from scenes. Movavi provides a convenient cropping grid for the video segments. This is the same grid you use in your smartphones.
- Play with the “gear”, “contrast” and “microphone” icons to adjust the speed of the reel, the saturation of the colours and to record short voice overs for the segments on the timeline.
4. Next come the filters and transitions. They help enhance the mood of a setting and also make for a seamlessly edited video file.
- Click the “Magic Wand” tab to access the filter options.
You can overlay a video segment with raining hearts to express love and appreciation. You can apply an option from the retro filter family to simulate the impression of classic vignettes. Light leaks introduce focused glow for a softer look. Just drag the filter you like to the video segment on the timeline and drop it. A small “star” indicates that the effect has been activated.
Don’t like what you see? Right click on this star, pick the filter you want to get rid of and select “Remove”.
- The “Puzzle piece” icon opens up the world of transitions. Circle, blocks, ripples, zoom in and out – the options are professional and endless. When you work with a transition, it adds a small puzzle piece icon like connector to the edges of the two video files you want to stitch.
- The “T” tab is all about text and legends. You can add opening and closing credits as well as quotes to your home video. There is a choice of fonts to select from.
- Last but not the least is the “Hamburger” icon. Click on it to call up this menu.
The stabilization option is invaluable. It clears chosen video snippets of blurriness and wobbles.
5. The final step is review and export. Once your video is edited to your satisfaction, run it in the preview screen to the right. Make the final tweaks. Then click the green “Export” button to download the file in the .mov, .avi, .mp4 or .mpeg formats.
You can also use the “Export” button in the navigation menu to send the video to your YouTube channel.
Using the Movavi video editor is a breeze! We hope this tutorial drives home just how easy the process is.
it is so nice and also speed
I’m ϲurious to find out what blog platfοrm you are using?
I’m experiencing some minor security issues with my latest website
and I would like to find something more safe. Dⲟ you haᴠe any
Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having difficulties with your RSS. I don’t know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting similar RSS problems? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!